Action Research and Evaluation in Foreign Languages Group GIAE
Academic Unit: School of Languages
Colombian Ministry of Science
Languages and literature
The GIAE’s mission is to research discourses and practices in the field of teaching and learning of foreign languages in Colombia in order to expand our knowledge of the area, propose educational innovations, and impact educational and linguistic policies in primary and middle education, undergraduate, postgraduate, and work training programs, and training of in-service teachers. As a result, we intend to establish a link among research, teaching, and learning, as well as between the university and the community. We focus on the areas of professional development, curriculum, autonomy, linguistic policies, critical pedagogy, and assessment. We are guided by values such as respect, democracy, cooperation, transparency, equity, critical consciousness, and responsibility.
Research Areas and Topics
- Student and teacher autonomy in the field of foreign language teaching and learning.
- Assessment of learning performance in foreign languages.
- Initial training and professional development of teachers in foreign languages in Colombia.
- Linguistic policies and educational reform in Colombia.
- ICT and foreign languages learning and teaching.
- Critical Language Education.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)