Health and Society
Academic Unit: National Faculty of Public Health
Colombian Ministry of Science
Other social sciences
To generate scientific knowledge that contributes to the solution of problems in the various areas of public health from social sciences, in accordance with the institutional values and excellence criteria that strengthen teaching and outreach at the Faculty, while contributing to regional, national, and international social transformation.
Problems that we address:
- Growth, employment, and insurance in health.
- Socioeconomic determining factors of health.
- Determining factors of access to health services.
- Health workforce labor conditions.
- Costs and economic evaluation in health.
- Trends in funding for health.
- Environmental economy and health.
- Solidarity economy and health.
- Conceptual development of parenting as a result of the contributions of social and human sciences.
- Parenting in populations whose rights have been violated.
- Parenting, public health, and social justice.
- Education on parenting in the context of the health sector.
- The pedagogical foundation of education for health.
- Didactics of education for health.
- Intersector and transdisciplinary experiences in education for health.
- Education for health in the theory and practice of public health.
- Education for health in public health policies.
- Life experiences of homeless children.
- Social conflicts and peace culture.
Research Areas and Topics
- Parenting, childhood, and education for health.
- Culture and health.
- Economy and health.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Francisco Javier Aguirre Echavarría, M. Sc.
Specialization in University Research Teaching.
Universidad Católica Luis Amigó, Colombia.
Master’s in Science, Technology, and Innovation.
Universidad de Antioquia, Colombia.