Health and Environment Research Group
Academic Unit: National Faculty of Public Health
Colombian Ministry of Science
Medical and health sciences
The Health and Environment Research Group will develop research projects responding to the priority issues of public and environmental health with the aim of advancing in the academic, investigative and institutional development and thus dynamizing health and environmental management in intersectoral coordination. With the research, the group seeks to provide information scientifically and technologically supporting the formulation and application of new development models and public policies that allow the sustainable use of natural resources, the preservation of the ecological heritage, and the improvement of the health conditions and quality of life of the population in the local, departmental, regional, and national context.
Research Areas and Topics
- Socio-environmental processes of urban and rural health.
- Air pollution, climate change, and health.
- Mining and health.
- Agrotoxics and health.
- Community management, public policies, and environmental health.
- Primary care in environmental health.
- Water, environmental sanitation, and home public services.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)