Academic Unit: National Faculty of Public Health
Colombian Ministry of Science
Medical and health sciences
To contribute to the improvement of the public health situation in the population, through the development and use of epidemiology for the training of researchers at master's and doctoral levels. The group focuses on public health problems included in their lines of research. Similarly, the research group has a tendency for an interdisciplinary perspective and a basis that generates collaborative work with other research groups and disciplines.
Research Areas and Topics
- Health situation analysis.
- Health equity.
- Cancer epidemiology.
- Infectious disease epidemiology.
- Promotion and Prevention.
- Prevention of health-risk behaviors (PREVIVA).
- Cardiovascular health.
- Theoretical epidemiology workshop.
- Territory and development.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)