Food, Cosmetics, and Drug Stability Group GEMCA
Academic Unit: Faculty of Pharmaceutical and Food Sciences
Colombian Ministry of Science
Medical and health sciences
We are devoted to the study of stability and stabilization problems of formulations in the Pharmaceutical and Food Sector.
Research Areas and Topics
- Studies of photostability and photostabilization of medicines and related areas.
- Studies of degradation of active ingredients.
- Studies of photoprotective efficacy of cosmetics in UVA-UVB.
- Development of cosmetic formulations and functionality studies.
- Biomaterials applied in the cosmetic and food industries.
- Food stability and shelf life studies.
- Development of functional bakery products with a focus on Public Health.
- Development of processes from different disciplinary approaches to generate added value to the Coffee Productive Chain.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)