Food Biotechnology BIOALI
Academic Unit: Faculty of Pharmaceutical and Food Sciences
Colombian Ministry of Science
Engineering and technology
Other engineering and technologies
The BIOALI group seeks to develop research processes within the framework of technological transfers at an industrial and population level with emphasis on the concepts of global citizenship. In that sense, the group seeks to solve problems of food security, active packaging and bioactive properties determination, as well as food neo-formed contaminants and solutions to the food industry’s sub-products. All of this is aimed at impacting rural and urban vulnerable communities, but also the industrial sector, which are transversal in the Food Chain.
Research Areas and Topics
- Development of active and intelligent packaging for the Food and Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Evaluation and Control of Technological Treatments on Pharmaceutical and Food Products.
- Pathogenic and Alternative Microorganisms Inhibition in the Food and Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Food Security and Sovereignty.
- Valorization and Transformation of Agro-Industrial Waste.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)