Physiology and Biochemistry Research Group PHYSIS
Academic Unit: Faculty of Medicine
Colombian Ministry of Science
Medical and health sciences
Our development plan for the next eight years aims to generate a positive impact on two general strategic points: increasing the generation and application of physiological and biochemical knowledge and forming high-level human resources.
The second part of our plan is to encourage the production and application of physiological and biochemical knowledge. These objectives will be accomplished by strengthening three lines of work, in which animal and human cellular models along with computational and theoretical approaches will be used:
Physiology and cellular biochemistry.
Research Areas and Topics
- Functional characteristics of high-performance athletes from Antioquia.
- Exercise physiology.
- Physiology of the striped muscle.
- Physiology and biochemistry of complementary therapies.
- Physiology and cardiovascular physiopathology.
- Physiopathology of preeclampsia.
- Neurophysiology of sleep.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)