Academic Unit: Faculty of Medicine
Colombian Ministry of Science
Medical and health sciences
The Malaria Group is an academic team from the Universidad de Antioquia with the mission of generating scientific knowledge about Malaria, its environment and the health problems associated with this disease. Its goal is to seek solutions through Ecosystemic Studies and an interdisciplinary approach based on Quality Standards. Our activities include research, community outreach and teaching with an emphasis on the training of researchers while fulfilling the institutional missions of the university within a framework of ethics and social responsibility.
Research Areas and Topics
- Bioprospecting (Biological activity of natural products, Biodiversity).
- Clinical and Pathogenesis of Malaria (Biomarkers, Immunology).
- Antimalarials (Pharmacovigilance, In Vitro Activity, Pharmacokinetics).
- Parasite Biology and Vectors (Genetics, Ecology).
- Territory and Health (Collective Health, History, Epidemiology).
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)