Group of Rheumatology Universidad de Antioquia GRUA
Academic Unit: Faculty of Medicine
Colombian Ministry of Science
Medical and health sciences
Our group’s mission is to research rheumatology, especially systemic lupus erythematosus and primary vasculitis. It also aims to train specialists on rheumatology and carry out rheumatology-care related activities such as hospitalization and external consultancy. We also aim to create an autoimmunity laboratory in a conjoint effort with the School of Medicine’s GICIG (Cellular Immunology and Immunogenetics) group.
Research Areas and Topics
- Clinical and therapeutic aspects of systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Young dermatomyositis.
- Rheumatic diseases in children in the context of intensive care.
- Latin American Group for Lupus Study (GLADELGrupo Latinoamericano para el estudio del lupus).
- Lupus erythematosus and infection.
- Pediatric rheumatology.
- Validation of instruments for monitoring rheumatic patients in external consultancy.
- Levamisole-adulterated cocaine-induced vasculitis (LACIV).
- Primary systemic vasculitis.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)