Mathematics Education and History (UdeA – Eafit) Edumath
Academic Unit: Faculty of Exact and Natural Sciences
Colombian Ministry of Science
Our goal is to offer a strong, coherent, and efficient mathematics education by means of which we can (1) meet the needs arising from the modern, globalized world and (2) improve the inclusion of our students in the various academic processes. By learning and teaching mathematics, it is possible to help students create and construct meanings of their own. It also helps them achieve a meaningful life by enabling them to negotiate, integrate, and comprehend the various messages related to socially-established values.
Research Areas and Topics
- Classification analysis of conglomerates.
- Modeling in mathematics education.
- Geometry and paper folding.
- Epistemological obstacles.
- Mathematics epistemology, philosophy, and history.
- Advanced mathematical thinking.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)