Academic Unit: Faculty of Exact and Natural Sciences
Colombian Ministry of Science
Student training. Performing primary and applied research on organic, inorganic, and hybrid materials, such as:
Biodegradable and/or biocompatible polymers to prepare nanomaterials for the transportation and controlled delivery of drugs or enzymes.
Synthetic polymers to produce membranes for fuel and solar cells.
Inorganic materials to be used in the preparation of cathodes or anodes of rechargeable batteries for use in electric transportation.
Research Areas and Topics
- Porous and non-porous nanomaterials.
- Synthesis, characterization, and application of biodegradable polymers.
- Synthesis, characterization, and modification of synthetic polymers.
- Characterization of materials.
- Immobilization of enzymes, peptides, and related.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)