Genetics, Regeneration and Cancer
Academic Unit: Faculty of Exact and Natural Sciences
Colombian Ministry of Science
To identify the molecular and cellular mechanisms that are involved in cancer and regeneration processes in order to contribute to the transfer of knowledge and technology to develop regenerative medicine therapies for humans.
Research Areas and Topics
- Occupational genotoxicology in populations exposed to industrial carcinogens in Cerro Matoso S.A. and Ecopetrol.
- Microbial genetics.
- Population genetics.
- Toxicological genetics and environmental mutacarcinogenesis.
- Tumor genetics.
- Regenerative medicine.
- Genetically modified microorganisms.
- Analysis on the X chromosome inactivation and its relation to breast cancer.
- Regenerative biology.
- Cell cycle.
- Cytogenetics and anti-cytostatic agents in leukemoid cells.
- DNA damage, repair and oxidative stress.
- Molecular diagnosis in humans.
- Molecular epidemiology of Streptococcus pneumoniae.
- Susceptibility genes in gastrointestinal cancer.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)