EVO - DEVO in Plants
Academic Unit: Faculty of Exact and Natural Sciences
Colombian Ministry of Science
The evolution and development in plants research group seeks to understand the genetic and morphological bases of the changes that plants undergo during their development. These changes include processes such as flowering and floral organs and fruit formation. From basic science, the group directly impacts the knowledge and improvement of productivity in ornamental plants and tropical crops.
Research Areas and Topics
- Development and evolution of early diversified tropical angiosperm.
- Flower development and evolution in parasitic Colombian plants.
- Flower genetics development in basal angiosperms (Aristolochiaceae).
- Genetics of flower and fruit development in poppies and their relatives (Papaveraceae).
- Genetics of the development of fleshy fruits (berries) and dehiscent fruits (capsules) in Solanaceae and Rubiaceae.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)