Biology and Infectious Diseases Control
Academic Unit: Faculty of Exact and Natural Sciences, Academic Corporation for the study of Tropical Pathologies
Colombian Ministry of Science
To improve the quality of life of the populations most at-risk of tropical diseases through epidemiology, diagnosis, prevention, and control. The group studies the molecular biology, genetics, and gene function of parasites and insects, trying to understand the molecular mechanisms of drug and insecticide resistance.
Research Areas and Topics
- Pathogen Molecular Biology.
- Pathogen Biology.
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology of medically and economically-relevant insects.
- Cytogenetics and Molecular Biology of insect vectors.
- Infectious diseases eco-epidemiology.
- Genetics and human disease.
- Morphometrics among vector populations.
- Chemotherapy of Chagas disease.
- Remote sensing and geographic information systems.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)