Industrial Chemical Processes
Academic Unit: Faculty of Engineering
Colombian Ministry of Science
Engineering and technology
The group focuses on applied research on the conversion of natural and renewable raw materials into products of commercial interest. It also stresses on the measurement and control of environmental quality parameters in water, air, and soil matrices. All of the above by taking into account the development of sustainable and efficient processes in the use of raw materials, energy, and natural resources. The group does research to obtain results with practical utility, for which technical and economic studies are made.
Research Areas and Topics
- Soil Quality Analysis.
- Heterogeneous Catalysis.
- Extraction, Purification, and Valorization of Natural Products.
- Geochemistry and Petrochemistry.
- Environmental Management and Control of Water Resources.
- Polymer Materials.
- Modeling and Simulation of Industrial Processes and Technical and Economic Pre-feasibility Analysis of Industrial Processes.
- Industrial Waste Treatment and Valorization.
- Valorization of industrial subproducts.
- Air Quality Management.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)