Gas Science and Technology and Efficient and Sensible Use of Energy Group GASURE
Academic Unit: Faculty of Engineering
Colombian Ministry of Science
Engineering and technology
The Gas Science and Technology and Efficient and Sensible Use of Energy Group (GASURE) focuses on research, technology development, staff training, and dissemination on the energy use of renewable and non-renewable fuels and sensible use of energy. With its research activities, the group contributes to reducing fuel consumption, optimizing industrial combustion and heating systems, staff training, increasing the competitiveness of the productive sectors, and improving occupational health.
Research Areas and Topics
- Implementation of natural gas in power generation.
- Combustion of gaseous fuels.
- Energy economy.
- Influence of atmospheric conditions on heat energy systems.
- Heat engines and alternative fuels.
- Sensible use of energy.
- Research and technological development of flexible energy systems.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)