Research Group on Biomaterials
Academic Unit: Faculty of Engineering
Colombian Ministry of Science
Engineering and technology
Other engineering and technologies
The group’s mission is to generate, apply and transmit knowledge on topics related to biomaterials in order to satisfy the existent demand of professionals formed in this discipline. Our group is supported by and works together with well-known, experienced organizations and research centers, which guarantees its continuous strengthening and recognition both regionally and nationwide.
Research Areas and Topics
- Mechanical behavior of biomaterials.
- Development, processing and characterization of scaffolds for tissue engineering.
- Extraction of biopolymers from natural sources.
- Superficial modification of ceramic and polymeric biomaterials.
- Synthesis, characterization, and application of bioglass and of calcium phosphate-type ceramic materials.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)