Somos Palabra Research Group: Education and Contexts
Academic Unit: Faculty of Education
Colombian Ministry of Science
We are a group from the School of Education that emerged in 2006 with the interest of generating spaces and processes for the understanding of the problems derived from the relationships between education, languages, aesthetic experience, teaching, narratives, discourses, subjectivities, and contexts. All of this stems from a critical and creative view of the educational reality and from an inter and transdisciplinary perspective. For the group, research education is an unfinished and dialogical process of understanding itself and the world inasmuch as it is assumed that research always educates and transforms.
Research Areas and Topics
- Academic Culture and other Symbolic Systems.
- Language and Literature Teaching.
- Narratives, subjectivities, and contexts.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
The implementation of the pedagogical project “Taller de la Palabra” is one of the offers of the research group. This project is consolidated as a center of practices where it manages to articulate the missionary axes of the university (research, community outreach, and teaching)
The following are some of the offers open to the university community (including regions such as southwest and north of Antioquia):
- Cinema workshop: Hojas de Plata (Silver Leaves).
- Literary workshop: Imágenes del afuera (Images from the outside).
- Literary gathering: Entre tinta & tinto (Between ink & coffee).
- Album book workshop: Trazos & grafos (Traces & graphs).
- Conversation club: Hora de echar lengua (Time to talk).
- And more...