Regional Studies Group
Academic Unit: Faculty of Economics
Colombian Ministry of Science
Economics and business
The Regional Studies Group (GER) engages in research activities on human- and environmentally-sustainable socio-economic development that contribute to generating knowledge on the national and regional economic reality; they also promote professional formation and guide decision making in the field of public policies. By means of its researchers and expert advice, the GER aims to promote Colombia’s social and economic development oriented to inclusion and social equity, participatory and transparent government with an adequate territorial differentiation and a coherent achievement of productive competitiveness.
Research Areas and Topics
- Local and regional economic development.
- Economic geography and territorial development.
- Economic gender analysis: policies and social and economic inclusion.
- Economic history and institutional analysis.
- Regional productive structure and sector studies.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)