Periodontics, Health, and Education Research Group
Academic Unit: Faculty of Dentistry
Colombian Ministry of Science
Medical and health sciences
The group is committed to scientific research and the integral education of its personnel. Additionally, it carries out and directs research projects whose knowledge products can be applied to the solution of odontology-related problems.
Research Areas and Topics
- Association between periodontitis and systemic diseases.
- Determinants of oral health.
- Periodontal disease progression.
- Etiological factors of periodontal disease.
- Relations between orthodontics and periodontics.
- Implantology and osseointegration.
- Periodontal tissues response to surgical procedures.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
The group has engaged in conjoint research projects with national and international institutions, such as the School of Odontology of the Universidad del Valle (Cali, Colombia) and the Universidad de Alicante (Spain). The group’s objective is to engage in an academic and collaborative exchange in research.