Ceramic Materials and Coatings Research Group GIMACYR
Academic Unit: Faculty of Engineering
Engineering and technology
Engineering research is promoted in the areas of technological and advanced ceramic materials in a search for impact on industry, academy, and society. We cooperate with companies to continue developing applied research projects, strengthening research areas to support master’s and doctoral training of researchers, and training processes in research seedbeds.
Research Areas and Topics
- Ceramic Coatings.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Maria Esperanza López Gómez, Ph.D.
Ph.D. in Science and Materials Technology.
Universidad de Oviedo, Spain.
Group Coordinator Email
- Pyrometallurgical and Materials Research Group GIPIMME, UdeA.
- Design and Formulation of Medicines, Cosmetics and Related Products Research Group DYFOMECO, UdeA.
- Study and Control of Tropical Diseases Program PECET, UdeA.
- Failure, Integrity and Surface Analysis AFIS, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Bogota Campus.
- New Materials Development and Technology Research Group GIMAT, Universidad Industrial de Santander.
- Instrumentation and Condensed Matter Physics Research Group GIFIMAC, Universidad Francisco de Paula Santander.
- Institute of Ceramics and Glass ICV, CSIC, Madrid.
- Institut de Recherche sur les Cerámiques, University of Limoges, France.
- Materials Science Department, Universidad Simón Bolívar Venezuela.
- Center of Advanced Technology CIATEQ, Mexico.
- Development of ceramic matrix composite biomaterials for cell growth platforms with controlled antibiotics release for applications such as bone implants.
- Mechanical characterization by indentation of coatings made through plasma thermal spraying from nanometric suspensions.
- Development of ceramic or metal/ceramic coating systems for thermal insulation of steel pipelines transporting hot fluids.
- Implementation of mining waste in formulations of mixtures for the elaboration of ceramic brick.
Main Research Results
- The potential of La-containing spent catalysts from fluid catalytic cracking as feedstock of mullite based refractories. DOI: 10.1016/j.jeurceramsoc.2020.04.051, 2020.
- Influence of Atmospheric Plasma Spraying Parameters on Porosity Formation in Coatings Manufactured from 45S5 Bioglass® poder. DOI: 10.1007/s11666-019-00952-3. 2020.
- Pelletisation by tumbling as an alternative method of agglomerating nanometric particles for use as feedstock in bi-modal structured flame sprayed ceramic coatings. DOI: 10.1016/j.ceramint.2019.07.083. 2019
- Solid-state synthesis of alpha tricalcium phosphate for cements used in biomedical applications, DOI: 10.1016/j.bsecv.2019.11.004. 2019
- Specialized advisory and training in areas of action such as biomaterials, synthesis and processing of raw materials, thermal spraying, and mechanical properties as well as in areas of interest such as reconversion of industrial waste, refractory materials, and drug delivery.
- Services related to processes for handling raw materials of different ceramic materials are performed, such as the reduction of sizes, classification and separation, and tests with ceramic materials. In addition, some analyses that allows characterization and control of operations are carried out.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020