Oceanic Studies Group
Academic Unit: Environmental Corporation
We carry out undergraduate and postgraduate research projects on Sea Sciences. - We deliver extension services in areas such as oceanography, ecology, and integrated management.
We organize and participate in regional, national, and international academic events on physical, chemical, biological, geological, and social oceanography. Through teaching and research, the group contributes to generating a “research culture.” It encourages awareness about the conservation, recovery, and sustainable use of natural resources in Colombia's coastal and maritime areas. The continuous development and strengthening of the group's research areas—and the strategies it proposes—contribute to its consolidation as a leading research group regionally.
Research Areas and Topics
- Ocean numerical modeling.
- Geomorphology of coasts, transportation of sediments, and risk and vulnerability analysis of littoral zones.
- Biological oceanography and marine ecology.
- Marine pollution.
- Social oceanography.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Collaboration with CORPOURABA for studying the state of ecosystems.
- Collaboration with GIGA for assistance in the realization of undergraduate dissertations.
- Collaboration with Escuela Ambiental (Environmental School) for master’s degree-level projects.
- Biological characterization of Punta Caribana phase II: fish, mollusks, crustacean decapods.
- Numerical Based Approach for Predicting the Response of Flexible Risers Under Oscillatory Flows at Low Re and KC Numbers.
Main Research Results
- Impact of oceanographic and sedimentological characteristics on the distribution of benthic microgastropods in Punta Caribana, north-west of the Gulf of Urabá (Necoclí, Colombia) in humid season.
- Characterization of the swell spectrum and the current profiles of lower areas of Punta Caribana.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020