Social Policies and Health Services
Academic Unit: Faculty of Nursing
Medical and health sciences
To be a leading transdisciplinary group in the study, production, and dissemination of relevant and quality knowledge within the framework of social policies in health, which contribute to its knowledge in the national and international contexts; It also contributes to the transformation of the living conditions of the populations, of health service, and the training of new researchers. This commitment is stimulated through the lines of research Living conditions and health, Health services and social response and Education as a social practice in the training of professionals in the health sector.
Research Areas and Topics
- Mortality and social response.
- Living and health conditions.
- Mental health, community care and rurality.
- Anthropological demography.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Luz Estella Varela Londoño
Group Coordinator Email
- Latin American Network for Scientific Publishing of Nursing Journals RedEDIT.
- Surgical Nursing Sectorial Work Network. International Nursing Network.
- Rural Association of Antioquia ACA.
- Department of International Politics - Aberystwyth University - UK.
- Colombian Association for Huntington's Disease AcolpEH.
- (Un) weaving views on subjects in the reconciliation process in Colombia 2018-2021 (Funded by Ministry of Science and Newton Fund).
- Border delimitation as a social control strategy: The case of homicidal violence in Medellín, Colombia.
- Demographic and fertility analysis of the indigenous peoples of Antioquia according to information from documentary sources.
- Overweight, obesity, and risk factors: An explanatory model for nutrition and dietetics students from a public university in Medellín, Colombia 2014.
Main Research Results
- Co-management and consolidation of the Network of Weavers for Memory and Life (National network of collectives dedicated to the construction of historical memory of the conflict and the construction of peace with international projection).
- Development of an index for measuring critical thinking in professional training.
- Methodological aspects of the Clinical Practice Guidelines made at Universidad de Antioquia based on the methodological guide of the Ministry of Health and Protection of Colombia.
- Strengthening of local capacities for the implementation of the PHC strategy in the municipalities of the San Juan river basin of the Southwest region of Antioquia, 2015-2016.
- Expert advice on the analysis of social policies and the historical-social determination of health-disease-care-attention-death, especially of vulnerable human groups.
- Expert advice for municipal planning, formulation and evaluation of health policies, programs and projects.
- Alliances with research groups, educational institutions, and governmental and non-governmental organizations to generate collaborative proposals for research, social appropriation, knowledge transfer, and innovation in the group's development areas.
- Training of community researchers and undergraduate and graduate, national and international, in the lines and problem areas relevant to the group.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020