Social Response in Health
Academic Unit: Faculty of Medicine
Medical and health sciences
Social Response in Health research group focuses on five research areas: public health, social security, gender, environmental health, grounded theory, and public health. It is a space created for the training of undergraduate and graduate students in research practices. Additionally, the group is engaged in various programs and projects through which it contributes to the social management of knowledge by working together with the communities.
Research Areas and Topics
- Public Health.
- Environmental health.
- Social security.
- Grounded theory and public health.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Gladys Rocío Ariza Sosa, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Ph.D. in Public Health
Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Bogotá Campus.
Group Coordinator Email
- UNAULA (Universidad Autónoma Latinoamericana).
- Universidad Claretiana.
- Universidad Católica de Oriente.
- Universidad de Medellín.
- Periodontics, Health, and Education Research Group.
- Feminist and anti-militarist network.
- Colectiva Justicia Mujer (Women`s Justice Union).
- Research program: Occupational alliance for strategic litigation on women’s human rights defense: an academia – civil society experience.
- Analysis of communicative competencies in medical practice in the academic context of the undergraduate medicine program offered at the Universidad de Antioquia School of Medicine.
- Description of the effects of pesticide exposure in rural farmers’ communities from the rural village of San Cristóbal, Medellin.
- Pesticide exposure during pregnancy and the early postpartum period, and its effect on the neurodevelopment of offspring from mothers residing in agricultural and coffee growing areas: Cohort study in the southwest of Antioquia, 2016–2017).
Main Research Results
- Orphan violence: legal loopholes in couple violence. ISBN: 978-958-52397-3-9
- Meanings about bioethics that emerge in patients who had participated in medical training processes. DOI: 10.17533/udea.iatreia.27
- In search for health care: Needs in health, itineraries and experiences. DOI: 10.17151/hpsal.2018.23.1.7.
- Ethics committees and mental health. DOI: 10.1016/j.rcpeng.2018.03.006
- Social security and health consulting room.
- Research seedbed on primary health care.
- Research seedbed on social security and health.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020