Research Perspectives in Science Education PiEnCias
Academic Unit: Faculty of Education
To train teacher-researchers with strengths in current research perspectives in Science Education (especially as it pertains to their reflection on their knowledge and own practices) and the critical use of ICT in science teaching and learning processes supported by epistemological, pedagogical, and didactic dimensions. To raise strategic alliances to another level in addressing environmental and sustainability issues, reflections on teaching and learning processes of scientific concepts, challenges, obstacles, and tensions faced by a science teacher when making use of Project-Based Learning.
Research Areas and Topics
- Information and Communication Technologies for the teaching of natural sciences.
- Training of natural science teachers.
- Environmental Education.
- Project-Based Learning.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Sonia Yaneth López Ríos, PhD
PhD in Science Teaching
Universidad de Burgos, Spain
Group Coordinator Email
- Universidad de Valladolid (Spain)
- Universidad de Costa Rica
- Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil)
- Universidad del Rosario
- Universidad de Córdoba (Spain)
- Universidad Arturo Prat (Chile)
- University of Vechta (Germany)
- Universidad EAFIT
- CRIFPE (Canada)
- Experimental work supported by digital educational resources for the training of physics teachers.
- The use of data acquisition systems in physics teaching: a commitment to re-signify the experimental activity and democratize knowledge.
- Professional insertion program for beginning teachers at the Universidad de Antioquia: a possibility to qualify their professional development.
- Sharing experiences, building professional teaching identity.
Main Research Results
- Design and development of a training program for graduates of the School of Education
- Construction of a methodological proposal for implementing data acquisition systems in experimental activity for physics teaching to enhance the conceptualization process in this disciplinary field
- Design and development of a training process for ICT appropriation directed to university professors from the regions of the Department of Antioquia in the areas of health, engineering, and education using design-based research (DBR) as a methodology
- Expert advice for undergraduate and postgraduate students, training, workshops, and design of online courses aligned with ICT
- Open talks to the academic community related to experimental works in sciences supported by digital resources
- Support to the teaching staff in the usage of technological resources they employ in science courses, specifically in physics
- Training in the use of digital educational resources that accompany the development of experimental work in the areas of natural sciences, aimed at secondary school teachers and professors from the School of Education
- Specialized advice in some relevant topics of environmental education
- Training regarding assessment for teachers of higher and elementary education
- Design and development of accompaniment processes for teachers, especially beginner teachers of elementary, middle, and higher education
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020