Food, Cosmetics, and Drug Stability Group GEMCA
Academic Unit: Faculty of Pharmaceutical and Food Sciences
Medical and health sciences
We are devoted to the study of stability and stabilization problems of formulations in the Pharmaceutical and Food Sector.
Research Areas and Topics
- Studies of photostability and photostabilization of medicines and related areas.
- Studies of degradation of active ingredients.
- Studies of photoprotective efficacy of cosmetics in UVA-UVB.
- Development of cosmetic formulations and functionality studies.
- Biomaterials applied in the cosmetic and food industries.
- Food stability and shelf life studies.
- Development of functional bakery products with a focus on Public Health.
- Development of processes from different disciplinary approaches to generate added value to the Coffee Productive Chain.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Cecilia Gallardo Cabrera, Ph.D.
Ph.D. in Chemical Sciences.
Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Group Coordinator Email
Our alliances were made with other research groups within the UdeA and with some local companies.
- Stability of Green Coffee.
- Photostabilization of Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Formulations.
- Systematic development of bakery products with Colombian raw materials.
Main Research Results
- Protocols and infrastructure acquisition to measure photoprotective efficacy in anti-solar cosmetics.
- Protocols and infrastructure acquisition to measure the photostability of active ingredients according to international standards.
- Methods to study the stability of export-grade green coffee.
- Systematic methods for designing baking matrices with raw materials other than wheat.
- Photoprotection services for the cosmetic industry.
- Photostability services for the pharmaceutical industry.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020