EDUSALUD Research Group
Academic Unit: Faculty of Medicine
Medical and health sciences
The EDUSALUD Group is an organizational research unit in the School of Medicine and the Universidad de Antioquia. The group is committed to the development of research and innovation with responsibility in the fulfillment of its duties, with a humanistic sense, ethical respect, and social service. In this sense, the group will develop the objective of higher education in health and will contribute with an interdisciplinary dialogue and knowledge for the visibility of the field of knowledge of higher education in health.
Research Areas and Topics
- Communication and health.
- Curriculum and health.
- Didactics and health.
- Simulation and information and communication technologies (ICT).
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Amador Herney Rúa Arias MD, MEd
Master's Degree in Higher Education in Health
Universidad de Antioquia, Colombia.
Group Coordinator Email
- Health Research Group (Grupo de investigación en salud – GIS).
- Primary Care, Health Models, and Medical Education.
- Research in Medical Education.
- Medical Education – United States of America.
- Colombian Research Group in Education and Applications of Biomedical Sciences.
- Medical and Health Science Education.
- Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE).
- The humanization of childbirth, a necessary reality, a challenge for higher education (2015).
- Social representations that the professors of the School of Medicine of the Universidad de Antioquia make about what educating doctors is (2016).
- Assessing the evaluation in the ABP: A view from the tutors and students of Medicine and Surgical Instrumentation of the School of Medicine, Universidad de Antioquia Colombia (2016).
- Factors associated with the performance of medical students from the Cooperative University of Colombia in Medellín in the Structured Objective Clinical Evaluation in 2018.
- Medical Program Curriculum Evaluation of the Universidad de Antioquia.
Main Research Results
- Estado Actual de la Educación para la Salud en la Facultad de Medicina de la UdeA. (Current Status of Health Education at the School of Medicine of the Universidad de Antioquia) ISSN 0120-386.
- Impacto de la implantación de la Estrategia ABP en la Facultad de Medicina de la UdeA, Col. (Impact of the implementation of the ABP Strategy in the School of Medicine of the Universidad de Antioquia, Colombia) ISSN2256-4241 n.º 1 ISSN 2177-0506.
- La visita domiciliaria familiar como estrategia didáctica y su incidencia en los procesos de formación integral de los estudiantes del área de Niñez I durante el periodo 2006 a 2011, del pregrado de Medicina de la Universidad de Antioquia, Medellín. (The family home visit as a didactic strategy and its incidence in the integral formation processes of students from 2006 to 2011, of the undergraduate program of Medicine of the Universidad de Antioquia, Medellín) ISS 1414-3283 and ISSN2256-4241 n.º 2.
- Perception of the communication of teachers and students with the child and family in the internships of the area of Childhood. a. What is and how the encounter with the child and family is taught in the undergraduate program of Medicine of Universidad de Antioquia (research report).
- Development of research in the field of Higher Education in Health, with priority to the development of its lines in Didactics and Health, Curriculum and Health, Communication and Health.
- Development of research in curricular evaluation of health programs.
- Updating, training and formation of human talent coherent with the intellectual needs for the development of the object of study or the field of education and health. This is specifically aimed in pedagogical, didactic, curricular aspects and in qualitative research.
- Support to the design and development of academic events such as the Meeting of Tutors in ABP and the National Meeting of Higher Education in Health.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020