Sustainable Development Research Group
Academic Unit: Environmental Corporation
Earth and related environmental sciences
The fundamental purpose of the GDS Group is to address fundamental, applied and community outreach research projects in a comprehensive manner to implement models of sustainable development, whose implications go from agricultural production models in harmony with the social, economic and environmental context, to the contribution of the development of sustainable urban zones.
Research Areas and Topics
- Sustainable Development.
- Ecology and Tourism.
- Education and Environmental Communication.
- Environmental Management and Territorial Planning.
- Public Policies.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Corporaciones Autónomas Regionales (Regional Autonomous Corporations).
- Departmental and municipal administrations.
- Special Administrative Unit of National Natural Parks.
- Metropolitan Area of the Aburra Valley.
- Among others.
- Transfer of good practices from Spain to Antioquia (Colombia) in Management and Assessment of sustainable rural tourism: Transfer pilot project.
- Strengthening of the environmental penalty system in the jurisdiction of Corantioquia.
- Joining efforts to perform theoretical-practical workshops on communication tools focused on initiation to narrative and audiovisual production.
- Diploma courses in Environmental Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility, Agroecology, and Sustainable Home Gardens.
- Analysis of administrative sanctions related to fauna in the jurisdiction of CORANTIOQUIA from 2014 to 2018.
Main Research Results
- Analysis of the concept of sustainability and its application in tourism policies in Colombia.
- Good environmental practices for tourism service providers.
- Blogs for the formulation and monitoring of PRAE (School Environmental Projects) with a school research approach.
- Identification of indicators for monitoring the effectiveness of environmental education processes associated with the environmental management of power generation plants. Territories, Territoriality and Transversality. Conceptions, representations and challenges for PRAE.
- Environmental training process of Afro territories, representatives of Afro-Colombian communities in the jurisdiction of CORANTIOQUIA, for strengthening environmental management and heritage administration in their territories from their identity and culture, seeking the certification of their ancestral knowledge and skills.
Advisory and consulting on:
- Sustainable tourism.
- Environmental services.
- Conceptual strengthening of the line of environmental thought.
- Planning for environmental development.
We offer continuing education alternatives, such as:
- Virtual diploma in Environmental Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility.
- Diploma in Agroecology.
- Modular diploma in Sustainable Tourism Planning.
- Course in Community-based Rural Tourism.
- Course on guidelines for the implementation of biosafety protocols in the tourism sector.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020