Knowledge, Philosophy, Science, History, and Society
Academic Unit: Institute of Philosophy
The group’s objective is to carry out studies on human knowledge within the framework of logic, philosophy, science, society, and culture. These developments are grouped together to strengthen them and without excluding the future possibility of their subdivision to achieve more specialized advances. The group is constituted to multiply the collaborative effects that can derive from the interaction between its members. This is due to the potential convergence between the different lines that, despite their particularities and specificities, can be organized into major themes. It is also created with a pretension of pluralism in terms of methods and objects.
Research Areas and Topics
- Theory of knowledge.
- Philosophy of the mind.
- Social Studies of Science.
- History of Science.
- Skepticism and history of skeptical doctrines.
- Philosophy of Medicine.
- Philosophy of technique.
- Philosophy of biology.
- Computational methods associated with textual interpretation.
- Peircian studies and semiosis.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Jorge Antonio Mejía Escobar, PhD
PhD in Philosophy.
Pontifical Gregorian University, Italy..
Group Coordinator Email
- The Royal Historical Society, United Kingdom.
- Scotland's Historians of Science, United Kingdom.
- University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom.
- University of Warwick, United Kingdom.
- University of Bergamo, Italy.
- National University of La Plata, Argentina.
- Latin American Research Network Peirce Latin American Society .
- Peircean Systematic Center.
- Center for the Philosophy of Memory of Grenoble Alpes University.
- Andes University, among others.
- Peirce in Colombia: The influence of Charles S. Peirce's thought in different areas of knowledge in Colombia and what has been said about Peirce in Colombia.
- Metacognitive feelings and the cognitive phenomenology thesis.
- On the introduction of modern science in Colombia: The Newton of José Celestino Mutis in the defense of the mathematical-experimental philosophy in the Viceroyalty of the New Granada.
- Epistemological scrutiny of the evidence-based medicine project.
Main Research Results
- Rastreo, registro y análisis de impacto de la literatura escrita por autores colombianos en torno al pensamiento de Charles S. Peirce, comprendida entre 1993 y 2016 (Tracking, recording and impact analysis of the literature written by Colombian authors on the thought of Charles S. Peirce, between 1993 and 2016)
- Cognitive phenomenology and metacognitive feelings. DOI: 10.1111/mila.12215
- Newtonian medicine and its influence in José Celestino Mutis's General Plan for Medical Studies. DOI: 10.1093/jhmas/jraa018
- Social-ecological resilience and the quest for sustainability as object of science. DOI: 10.1007/s10668-016-9852-1
- Expert advice on epistemological issues aimed at decision making and/or the design of methodological approaches for dealing with problems.
- Training in epistemology and philosophy of the technique.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020