Center for Research, Innovation and Development of Materials CIDEMAT
Academic Unit: Faculty of Engineering
Engineering and technology
To generate and transfer knowledge related to the development and innovation of materials aimed at solving problems in the industry and at the technological and scientifical development of the country. Lines: Corrosion and protection, electroactive materials and electrochemistry, new materials, surface engineering, composite materials, biomaterials, solar energy.
Research Areas and Topics
- Composite materials.
- Corrosion and Protection.
- Surface Engineering.
- Electroactive Materials and Electrochemistry.
- New Materials.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
The CIDEMAT keeps active scientific relations with American, European and Latin American (Argentina, Chile, Brazil and Mexico) institutions, and with different higher education institutions in Colombia, both private and public. With all of the above, joint research projects are developed in the different themes studied by the CIDEMAT. It also maintains relationships with companies from different sectors with whom it develops both applied research and advisory and consulting services.
- Corrosion Studies in public services infrastructure.
- Implementation of electrochemical technology in gold recovery as an environmental alternative for the elimination of mercury use.
- Cathode development for lithium-ion batteries.
- Development of amorphous metal.
- Development of molten salts for applications in solar thermal concentrators.
- Development and application of coatings by Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD).
- Light alloy anodizing.
- Development of sustainable materials for construction.
Main Research Results
- Joint studies conducted with service companies have allowed the best use of public resources and stability of services.
- Development of prototypes for mercury-free mineral processing aims at the well-being of the mining population and the sector sustainability.
- The development of solutions for solar energy allows the promotion of this technology in the country.
- The development of products and processes for surgical instruments and biomaterials generates knowledge useful for companies in the sector, making them more competitive.
- Promotion of nanotechnology development in the region and in the country, seeking new opportunities for the economy.
- Services of development, analysis and trial of all kind of materials.
- Evaluation of solar cells and optoelectronic devices, and their constituent materials.
- Design of coating and PVD equipment for processing at an industrial level.
- Corrosion analysis and material degradation.
- Advice for the optimization and development of electrochemical processes.
- Characterization of all kinds of materials.
- Accredited (essays or trials) for material testing.
- Advice in Light Alloy Processing (Mg, Ti, and Al).
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020