Human Food and Nutrition
Academic Unit: School of Nutrition and Dietetics
Medical and health sciences
The GIANH is committed to the creation, validation, and transmission of basic and applied knowledge of excellence. This is aimed to contribute to the solution of problems in food and human nutrition, through the development of research that generates social, scientific and innovative impact. In addition, its actions contribute to high quality research education of students. Its areas of interest include maternal and child food and nutrition, clinical nutrition, and food consumption.
Research Areas and Topics
- Food and nutrition in the human life process.
- Assessment of nutritional status.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Sandra Lucia Restrepo Mesa
Master in Collective Health.
Specialist in Human Nutrition - Maternal and Child Nutrition.
Nutritionist - Dietician.
Universidad de Antioquia – Colombia.
Group Coordinator Email
- Uruguay and Paraguay Governments.
- Colombian Institute of Family Welfare.
- Universidad de Chile.
- Laproff Laboratories.
- High complexity hospital institutions in Medellin.
- Éxito Foundation.
- Paulista State University – (UNESP of Brazil).
- State Social Enterprise Metrosalud
- Breastfeeding Committee of Medellín and IBFAN Network.
- Colegio Mayor de Antioquia.
- Institute of Agrochemistry and Food Technology of CSIC (Spanish National Research Council) of Spain.
- National Survey on the Food and Nutritional Situation of the Indigenous Peoples of Colombia (ENSANI).
- Food and Nutrition Profile of Antioquia (PANA) - Components: food consumption, biochemical, maternal, child, and elderly nutrition.
- Curve for weight surveillance of adolescent pregnant women in Latin America.
- Multicenter study of intestinal microbiota and short-chain fatty acids in critically ill patients with sepsis.
- Enzymatic incorporation of medium chain fatty acids in oils of dietary interest.
Main Research Results
- Food and nutrition profile of the department of Antioquia 2019. PANA.
- Study Exploring the Effects of Daily Supplementation with 400 lg of Folic Acid on the Nutritional Status of Folate in Women of Reproductive Age.
- National Survey of the Food and Nutritional Situation of the Indigenous Population. ENSANI (Encuesta Nacional de la Situación Alimentaria y Nutricional de los Pueblos Indígenas de Colombia).
- Covalent Immobilization of Naringinase over Two-Dimensional 2D Zeolites and its Applications in a Continuous Process to Produce Citrus Flavonoids and for Debittering of Juices.
- Expert advice on the application of a 24-hour recall intake assessment system and dietary diversity questionnaire for projects and population-based surveys.
- Expert advice in virtual training in the use and management of the SICONUT system and expert advice on the use of the exchange list and RINAs. Compilation of nutrient and food information.
- Expert advice for the development of research and intervention projects in food and nutrition for pregnant women, infants, children, and adolescents. Individual and group counseling on breastfeeding to nursing and pregnant mothers and families.
- Expert advice on the design of controlled clinical trials in clinical nutrition.
- Determination of total fat, fatty acid profile and trans isomers by gas chromatography in food and biological matrices. Transformation of compounds present in food by biotechnology using enzyme technology. Design of foods with special nutritional characteristics. Study of food composition and properties, characterization of food status and in vitro digestibility studies in food and biological matrices.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020