Antioquia Herpetological Group
Academic Unit: Faculty of Exact and Natural Sciences
From various perspectives, our research group makes valuable contributions to knowledge and conservation of herpetofauna in Colombia.
Research Areas and Topics
- Amphibian ecology
- Reptile ecology and conservation
- Wild population genetics and ecological conservation genetics
- Population genetics of amphibians and reptiles
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Juan Manuel Daza Rojas, Ph.D.
Ph.D. in Biology.
Universidad de Antioquia - Colombia.
Group Coordinator Email
Currently, the group is working in ongoing research projects with organizations such as:
- Alexander Von Humboldt Institute.
- Universidad del Valle.
- Universidad de Córdoba.
- Universidad de los Andes.
- Universidad Javeriana.
- The group has also provided its services to the autonomous regional corporations Cornare and Corantioquia, and to companies such as ISAGEN and EPM.
- Biology and monitoring of aquatic reptiles in the Middle Magdalena Valley.
- Monitoring of terrestrial vertebrate fauna in Eastern Antioquia.
- Systematics of amphibians and reptiles in Northwestern Colombia.
- Ecoacoustics as a tool for monitoring Colombian natural ecosystems.
Main Research Results
- In the last ten years, we have published more than 80 scientific articles, mainly in internationally indexed journals. Currently, we are the leading herpetology group in Colombia in terms of scientific publications and their impact on Colombian herpetology. Our publications address the biology of amphibians and reptiles from a comprehensive approach; we study their taxonomy, ecology, conservation, genetics, and morphology.
- The group consists of qualified personnel and has adequate infrastructure in order to offer services such as inventory and monitoring of wild fauna, and training on snake management. Additionally, we offer herpetofauna identification and genetic analysis services, as well as counseling to businesses on aspects related to wild fauna.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020