Applied Physical and Chemical Processes
Academic Unit: Faculty of Engineering
Engineering and technology
The thematic axes of the PFA group are oriented towards process innovation by applying useful and interdisciplinary knowledge. This incorporates concepts, methods and techniques of engineering and bioengineering, management tools, good practices, environmental impact studies, and technical and economic feasibility. This, along with the social infrastructure of the country, contribute to provide solutions or alternatives for improving industrial competitiveness and regional and national connectivity.
Research Areas and Topics
- Environment and Natural Resources.
- Materials development.
- Energy and processes.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Universidad de Medellín.
- Universidad Popular del Cesar.
- Universidad de la Guajira.
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia, sede Medellín.
- Fundación Universitaria del Área Andina, sede Valledupar
- Evaluation of new technologies and alternative materials in the Department of Putumayo for the improvement of roads with a low volume of transit in the country.
- Evaluation of new technologies and alternative materials in the Department of Cordoba for the improvement of roads with a low volume of transit in the country.
- Study, selection, and structuring of alternative technological systems for stabilization and treatment of the departmental secondary road network development of pilot tests in sub-regions of Antioquia.
- Research and Technological Innovation Program in New Materials and Construction Processes for Road Infrastructure "Red INNOVIAL”.
- Solar energy based alternative systems for water purification and wastewater treatment.
Main Research Results
- Group class A1 of Colciencias for more than 15 consecutive years.
- 93 Articles in international journals.
- 61 Articles in national journals.
- 73 Research projects developed.
- 2 Process innovations.
- 9 Research derived books.
- 3 Industrial Designs.
- 3 Pilot plants.
- 8 Industrial prototypes.
- 3 Technological Products.
The PFA Group has a wide portfolio of technological services aimed at companies, research groups, research centers and national entities for the development of R+D+i activities and engineering projects:
- Water quality laboratory.
- Soil laboratory .
- Physical and chemical characterization of various materials.
- Geotechnical field testing .
- Expert advice and technical accompaniment in projects of stabilization of road soils.
- Life cycle analysis.
- Evaluation of durability in materials through accelerated weathering tests.
- Environmental analysis.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020