Nursing Practice in the Social Context
Academic Unit: Faculty of Nursing
Medical and health sciences
GIPECS is formed by professors along with undergraduate and graduate students from various disciplines. This generates scientific knowledge related to the nursing care of life and health of people, which promotes the social appropriation of knowledge and social innovation in Health. The topics of study are health care, the aging population, informal caregivers, vulnerable populations, chronically ill patients, and the management and quality of care.
Research Areas and Topics
- Culture and Health Care.
- Nursing care for perioperative patients.
- Nursing care for the adult in a chronic state.
- Nursing care and caregivers.
- Management of the quality of care.
- History of Nursing.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Sandra Catalina Ochoa Marín, PhD
Postdoc in Public Health Sciences.
National Instituto Nacional de Salud Pública de México.
Group Coordinator Email
We work jointly with the health ministry of the Archdiocese of Medellin in the “Nursing Care for the Caregivers” program with the communities of La Honda and La Cruz, with groups in the University Classrooms for the Elderly, with specific groups of the university health care provider), and with San Vicente Foundation Hospital.
At an international level, we work with McGill University (Canada), with whom we reached an agreement for research work, and with the University of Sao Paulo in the area of Technological Innovation in Nursing.
- Health care with the families of La Honda neighborhood aimed toward health promotion, disease prevention, and training with social relevance.
- University Classroom for the Elderly.
- Nursing care to caregivers.
- The management of the quality of nursing care and human talent of Nursing.
- Primary Health Care.
- Barriers and Difficulties in Discharging Children from NICUs (Newborns Intensive Care Units).
- Impact of nursing practices in communities with displaced populations.
Main Research Results
- Formation of the “University Classroom for the Elderly” program.
- Training of informal caregivers “Nursing care for Caregivers”.
- Creation of the La Honda and La Cruz Classroom Caregivers Network.
- Construction of the Primary Health Care Model for the Department of Antioquia.
- Participation in the proposed academic network for the development of PHC (Primary Health Care) in Colombia.
- Development of educational proposals for strengthening primary health care in Colombia.
Consultancies, training and workshops on territorial management in health, primary health care, nursing care for caregivers, vulnerable groups, patients with chronic diseases, and University Classroom for the Elderly aimed at non-governmental and governmental health institutions.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020