Mathematics Education and History (UdeA – Eafit) Edumath
Academic Unit: Faculty of Exact and Natural Sciences
Our goal is to offer a strong, coherent, and efficient mathematics education by means of which we can (1) meet the needs arising from the modern, globalized world and (2) improve the inclusion of our students in the various academic processes. By learning and teaching mathematics, it is possible to help students create and construct meanings of their own. It also helps them achieve a meaningful life by enabling them to negotiate, integrate, and comprehend the various messages related to socially-established values.
Research Areas and Topics
- Classification analysis of conglomerates.
- Modeling in mathematics education.
- Geometry and paper folding.
- Epistemological obstacles.
- Mathematics epistemology, philosophy, and history.
- Advanced mathematical thinking.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Carlos Mario Jaramillo López, Ph.D.
Ph.D. in Mathematical Sciences.
Universitat de València – Spain.
Group Coordinator Email
- Joint work with Grupo de Pesquisa em Informática, outras Mídias e Educação Matemática - GPIMEM-UNESP, Sao Paulo, Brasil.
- Post-graduate education of Masters in Mathematics in an online, educational environment in the context of Capes-Colombian Ministry of Science international cooperation. Colombian Ministry of Science code 111562838729 (2014 - 2016).
Main Research Results
- In the context of the Capes-Colombian Ministry of Science project, we educated three doctoral students in the area of education, and we published a series of scientific articles.
- Certification courses.
- Mathematics in Context.
- Creation of mathematics education research projects.
- Certification course in didactics of mathematics.
- Concept maps in mathematics education.
- Non-traditional strategies for teaching mathematics.
- Mathematics learning assessment.
- Mathematics integration and conceptualization tools.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020