Efficient Energy Management Group GIMEL
Academic Unit: Faculty of Engineering
Engineering and technology
Electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering
The GIMEL group engages in research and expert advice activities aimed at scientific development and technological appropriation and innovation. Through its interdisciplinary approach, the group promotes an efficient management of thermic and electric energy. Additionally, its perspective on the phenomena it studies is characterized for being integrative and sustainable, and for its concern and respect for the natural, technical, and social environment. The group has a productive relationship with energy companies and, generally, with regional and national companies from the main productive sectors, as well as with the national system of science, technology, and innovation.
Research Areas and Topics
- Electromagnetic compatibility and environmental impact.
- Electric energy management.
- Maintenance, diagnosis, and protections.
- Energetic markets.
- Thermal machines.
- Robotics and automation.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Universidad del Quindío.
- Embedded Systems and Computational Intelligence, SISTEMIC.
- Perception and Intelligent Systems Research Group, Universidad del Valle.
- Research Group on Applied Telecommunications (GITA), Universidad de Antioquia.
- Innovation and Supply Chain Management, Universidad de Antioquia.
- Center for Research, Innovation and Material Development (CIDEMAT), Universidad de Antioquia.
- CORPORACION TECNNOVA UNIVERSIDAD EMPRESA ESTADO (UNIVERSITY ENTERPRISE STATE TECNNOVA CORPORATION).
- University of Valle.
- University of Nariño.
- Integration and intelligent management of renewable energy sources for fostering energetic sustainability (Colombian Ministry of Science - Scientific Colombia).
- Geospatial levelized cost of energy in Colombia, GeoLCOE.
- University-Enterprise-State articulation for establishing the Real Emission factors of heavy vehicles in the Aburrá Valley.
- Assessment of the genotoxic and mutagenic impact of particulate material resulting from diesel/palm biodiesel blends.
- Nanostructured solar cells: Development and application of technologies in non-interconnected schools or schools with energetic intermittence from the Department of Antioquia.
Main Research Results
- Impact of Animal Fat Biodiesel, GTL, and HVO Fuels on Combustion, Performance, and Pollutant Emissions of a Light-Duty Diesel Vehicle Tested under the NEDC.
- Ceramic insulators coated with titanium dioxide films: Properties and self-cleaning performance.
- A numerical method for solving Caputo’s and Riemann-Liouville’s fractional differential equations which includes multi-order fractional derivatives and variable coefficients Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation.
- Implementation of a reactive distribution static compensator D-STATCOM: Hardware and Firmware description.
ELECTRIC ENGINEERING AREA
- Training and expert advice.
- Community outreach services in energy quality and management, electromagnetic compatibility, protection coordination, potency energy and electronic efficiency.
- Domotic systems.
- Renewable energies (Photovoltaic solar, eolic, etc.).
THERMAL MACHINES AREA
- Characterization of fuels and motor testing.
- Sensor reconditioning.
- TGA testing.
- Design and construction of testing banks for instructional engines.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020