Health of Women
Academic Unit: Faculty of Medicine
Medical and health sciences
We research the living and health conditions of women from a gender perspective in order to transcend the biological scope and advance in the knowledge of the health-disease-death problem of women throughout the life cycle to substantiate the design of transformative healthcare proposals oriented towards social valuation of women as subjects in health. We work from an interdisciplinary perspective by linking the academic training of students of different levels of education for the promotion of women’s rights.
Research Areas and Topics
- Sexual and reproductive health.
- Violence and gender.
- Women and work.
- Chronic and degenerative diseases of women.
- Mental health of women.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Clara Victoria Giraldo Mora, PhD
PhD in Sociology and MSc in Public Health
Group Coordinator Email
- Secretary for Women in Medellin
- Institute of Regional Studies – INER
- Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí.
- Federal University of Santa Catarina.
- 2015: Prevalence of psychoactive substance use and depression in nursing personnel from two hospital institutions in Medellin, 2014-2015.
- 2017: Binding mediation in sexual edification: A concept of care for human sexuality in nursing.
- 2019: Significance of the lived experience of revascularized women: a change of life, from Amazons to captives.
- 2020: The everyday life of people with Huntington disease: The process of losing yourself.
Main Research Results
- 2010-2011: Implementation of community outreach projects “Early warning social circuits for the prevention of gender violence in Medellin”.
- 2018: Participation in the update of Public Policy of Women in Antioquia.
- Consumo de sustancias psicoactivas en auxiliares de enfermería. (Consumption of psychoactive substances by nursing aides.) Rev Cuid. 2017; 8(2): 1591-8. DOI: 10.15649/cuidarte.v8i2.378
- Riesgo de depresión, alcoholismo, tabaquismo y consumo de sustancias psicoactivas en personal de enfermería, de dos instituciones hospitalarias del área metropolitana de la ciudad de Medellín. (Risk of depression, alcoholism, smoking, and psychoactive substance use among nursing personnel at two institutions in the metropolitan area of Medellin.) Medicina UPB, 36(1), 34-43. DOI: 10.18566/medupb.v36n1.a05
- Research training for both undergraduate and graduate students of the School of Nursing in research.
- Expert advice on the development of social projects with gender perspective.
- Training and participation in social projects with communities related to women’s health and gender perspective.
- Promoting dissemination of knowledge obtained among scientific and academic communities, academic bodies, and social actors.
- Developing research activity in continuous relationship with teaching programs and community outreach projects in both undergraduate and graduate programs.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020