Catalysts and Adsorbents
Academic Unit: Faculty of Exact and Natural Sciences
The group is committed to pertinent and high-quality research in the area of basic sciences with research areas in synthesis of new materials, characterization and structural determination. As a result, the group focuses its efforts on using those materials in the applied research area towards technological development and environmental decontamination. This is intended to supply environmental demands and the need to generate cutting-edge technology based on the search for materials with novel properties that can be used in different chemical processes.
Research Areas and Topics
- Characterization and structural determination.
- Heterogeneous catalysis.
- Nanostructured multifunctional materials.
- Synthesis of new materials.
- Use of molecular meshes in processes.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Joint work with Universidad del Cauca involving an ongoing Colciencias project, as well as with Universidad Nacional, Bogotá Campus. There are strategic research alliances with the Brookhaven National Laboratory, Purdue University, University of Florida, Universidad Autónoma de México, and Universidad Politécnica de Barcelona.
- Development of hybrid cathodes for lithium-ion batteries applicable to intermittent generation systems and non-integrated systems. 2017.
- Manufacturing of hybrid catalysts supported on ceramic nanoliths for the oxidation of toluene in its gas phase. 2017.
- Manufacturing of 3DOM-type hybrid catalytic filters for catalytic oxidation of volatile organic compounds. 2019.
Main Research Results
- Process for modifying zeolite by the incorporation of phosphorus into the crystalline structure and catalysts for oligomerization of olefins.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020