Government and Public Affairs
Academic Unit: Faculty of Law and Political Sciences
The group seeks to contribute to the analysis and improvement of academic productions and research on the main political and social phenomena occurring nationally, regionally, and locally, thus strengthening the Political Science undergraduate program from UdeA. Mainly, we aim to promote the construction of knowledge that enhances both institutional capabilities and the creation of public policies.
Research Areas and Topics
- Public Policies.
- Government, Governability, and Governance.
- Planning and Development.
- Democracy and Citizenship.
- Public Administration.
- Political issues from a comparative perspective.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Alix Bibiana Gómez Vargas, M.Sc.
Master’s Degree in Political Sciences.
Universidad de Antioquia, Colombia.
Group Coordinator Email
- Center for Analysis of Public Policies (CEAPP).
- The Mayor’s Offices of Envigado and Sabaneta.
- United Nations Development Programme (PNUD).
- Political Studies Group from the Institute of Political Studies (Universidad de Antioquia).
- National School of Public Health.
- Political Science Program, Universidad EAFIT.
- NET CAPAZ Group.
- Colombian Commission of Jurists.
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
- Institute of Regional Studies (INER).
- Institute of Political Studies (IEP).
- School of Social and Human Sciences.
- Analysis of the territorialization of the national public policy on aging and old age (PPNEV) 2007-2019 in the aburrá Valley-2017.
- Socio-economic diagnosis of the communities from Flor del Monte, La Peña, and San Rafael in the municipality of Ovejas - 2014.
- Agricultural administrative process of wasteland allocation for land access - 2018.
- Different spaces, counter-spaces, and non-spaces in the policies of the city of Medellin (2010 - 2013).
- Analysis from an urban governability perspective (2014).
- Territorialization of the National Public Policy on Aging and Old Age (PPNEV) in the Municipalities of Copacabana and Caldas: analysis based on the period between 2007 and 2019. 2018.
Main Research Results
- Decentralization and Governance in Latin America, Colombia. ISSN: 2216-0965, 2016.
- The Ideological Dimension of Anti-Corruption Discourses in Colombia and Ecuador, 2002-2017. ISSN: 0121-5612.
- Gobernabilidad y gobernanza en Medellín: ¿modelos excluyentes o complementarios de la acción pública en el escenario local? (Governability and Governance in Medellin: Are They Complementary or Excluding Models of Public action in Medellín?). ISSN: 0120-1867
- Theorizing the Study Field of Public Policies Based on the Study Object, the History of the Study Field and the Roles of the Policy Scholars. ISSN: 0122-4409.
- Educational processes with undergraduate and graduate students through courses and academic advice on thesis dissertations dealing with subjects such as government, public affairs, and public policies; additionally, expert advice on creation processes of community organizations and local institutions.
- Development of research projects and public policies analyses resulting in basic and advanced education processes.
- Consulting and expert advice of public and private institutions, communities, social organizations, and decision-making agents for qualifying State collaboration in the resolution of public issues.
- Non-profit community outreach by means of education and expert advice on administrative-, government-, and public policies-related issues, among others.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020