Simulation, Design, Control, and Optimization of Processes SIDCOP
Academic Unit: Faculty of Engineering
Engineering and technology
SIDCOP research group promotes, transmits, and applies knowledge so as to develop models and the simulation, analysis, optimization, and control of dynamic systems of great academic and industrial interest for chemical engineering. We do so by training highly qualified personnel, executing important projects, and providing academic extension services.
Research Areas and Topics
- Process control.
- Design and development of new materials, products, and processes.
- Modeling and simulation of processes.
- Optimization of processes.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Bioprocesses Research Group, UdeA.
- Biotransformations Research Group, UdeA.
- QUIREMA Research Group, UdeA.
- Analysis of the generation of biorefinery products in the productive context of Urabá in Antioquia (BIORREFINUR).
- Dynamic modelling and techno-economic analysis of clavulanic acid production using alternative culturing processes for Streptomyces clavuligerus.
- Pilot plant-scale production of polyhydroxyalkanoate-type polymers (PHAs) by fermentation, using waste from the sugar–alcohol industry.
Main Research Results
- Training of master's and doctoral degree-level students who contribute to Colombia's chemical industry and academic contexts in various educational institutions nationwide.
- The group provides consulting services in areas such as: development of models, simulation, analysis, optimization, and control of dynamic systems. Additionally, the group has engaged in the techno-economic assessment of processes, as well as in the design of industrial processes.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020