Health Policies and Management
Academic Unit: National Faculty of Public Health
Medical and health sciences
The Health Policies and Management research group produces relevant knowledge concerning public and social policies, the right to health, social security, health systems, and administration and planning. It focuses on public health, seeking to offer comprehensive views and transforming proposals of the local, national, and global socio-sanitary reality. We aim to contribute to the formation of human talent in the different programs of the university and other academic institutions, as well as the establishment of networks and links with other groups and social actors. It is composed of an interdisciplinary group of researchers committed to academic excellence and social transformation with expertise in the different fields of academic-scientific work and development.
Research Areas and Topics
- Health management.
- Right to health and advocacy for health in Colombia.
- Public policies and health.
- Global health.
- Health systems.
- Academic group for children, youth, and public health.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Université Laval (Canada).
- Universidad de Alicante (Spain).
- Imperial College London (UK).
- Universidad del Valle (Colombia).
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana (Colombia).
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia (Colombia).
- Universidad del Norte (Colombia).
- Universidad San Ignacio de Loyola (Peru).
- University of São Paulo (Brazil).
- Universidad de Barcelona (Spain).
- Universidad de la República (Uruguay).
- Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar (Ecuador).
- Women’s contribution to the development of the right to health in Colombia Voices from subalterized women in processes of resistance. 2019.
- Health in the framework of the post-agreement in Antioquia, 2018: generation of knowledge for the reconstruction of the social fabric and peace. 2018.
- Socio-economic inequalities in neonatal mortality and health in Colombia: Time trends, health insurance, and territorial transfers. 2016.
- Consolidation of the coalition for the understanding of commercial sexual exploitation of children and adolescents, open modality, and the social and state response to this problem in Medellin, 1990-2016. 2015.
Main Research Results
- The Situation of Nursing in the Development of the Primary Health Care in Antioquia (Colombia): An Approach from the Perspective of the Health Professionals. DOI: 10.11144/Javeriana.rgps18-36.seda
- Prevalence of opportunistic infections in insured patients with HIV and their association with socioeconomic and clinical factors in Colombia. DOI: 10.7705/biomedica.v39i2.4508.
- Road traffic incidents epidemiology in Medellin-Colombia, 2010-2015. https://revistas.udea.edu.co/index.php/fnsp/article/view/23278
- Global health: a Latin American vision. https://www.scielosp.org/article/rpsp/2016.v39n2/128-136/es/
Rules and standards:
- Territorial Health Plan 2016 - 2019 - Andes. 2016.
- Decree 104 - Development Plan for the Municipality of Andes 2016 - 2019.
- Andes. Inclusion, order and green progress. 2016.
- Agreement No. 005 - Development Plan of Ciudad Bolivar - “Sowing Progress” 2016 – 2019. 2016.
- Territorial Health Plan 2016 - 2019 - Ciudad Bolívar. 2016.
- Agreement 25 of 2015. Oral Health Public Policy for the Municipality of Medellin 2013 - 2022. 2015.
- Spatial and temporal evolution of health insurance coverage since the social security reform in Colombia. 2018.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020