Law and Society
Academic Unit: Faculty of Law and Political Sciences
Since its origin, the group seeks to reflect and contribute to the conception of Law in the current social context, likewise, to the type of legal knowledge in our school. Its critical commitment was not explicit at times due to the academic practices which were framed inside liberal tradition curricula and study plans. This policy reproduced a formal knowledge and cultivated a lawyer to intervene in social conflicts primarily through reactive and individual litigation.
Research Areas and Topics
- Criminology, Criminal Policy, and Criminal Law.
- Labor Law and Social Security.
- Human Rights and Conflict.
- Social Rights and Public Affairs.
- Rule of Law.
- Democratic and Constitutional Debates.
- Research in Private Law.
- Research in Public Law.
- Research and Law.
- Conflict Resolution.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Internally, we have had alliances with the National School of Public Health, the Institute of Regional Studies, and the Institute of Political Studies to develop research projects; we support the community outreach programs of the School of Law and Political Sciences in agreement with the Mayor’s Office of Medellin.
- Contexts of war, violence, negotiation, and their influence on conflicts in the Universidad de Antioquia.
- Impacts of multinational mining companies, the role of the Colombian State, and the resistance processes in Marmato.
- Payment of disabilities due to common diseases and the right to a minimum level of subsistence of Colombian workers.
- System of sources of the Colombian civil service: A reevaluation from the perspective of labor law’s value.
Main Research Results
- Creation of the master’s and doctoral programs in Law of the School of Law and Political Sciences.
- Construction of a network of researchers at a national level called Red Socio Jurídica (Socio-Legal Network).
- Curricular review of the undergraduate Law program of the School of Law and Political Sciences.
- Public policy proposals for the defense of the environment and the restriction of extractivism.
- Design of a socio-legal research methodology.
- Advice on the teaching and research of Law from its social dimension, the creation of public policies, dialog processes, and the reconstruction of the social fabric.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020