CCComposites (Cements, ceramics and composites)
Academic Unit: Faculty of Engineering
Engineering and technology
Other engineering and technologies
The CCComposites group's mission is to promote research, development, and entrepreneurship in materials manufacturing and development in Colombia, contributing from basic science to applied engineering. In addition, it is willing to work towards planning multidisciplinary proposals that involve sustainable development based on the environment, economy, and community, in order to solve important issues through science and engineering. Therefore, education, dissemination, and appropriation of knowledge are an important part of the group's activities.
Research Areas and Topics
- Composite and nanocomposite materials.
- Building materials.
- Ceramic materials.
- Natural fibers.
- Materials in art.
- Disposal and recycling of solid waste.
- Circular economy.
- Advanced manufacturing.
- 3D printing (additive manufacturing).
- Green manufacturing.
- Engineering education.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Henry A. Colorado L., Ph.D.
Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering
University of California.
Group Coordinator Email
- Instituto Militar de Engenharia, Brazil.
- Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María Chile.
- Guangdong University of Technology, China.
- State University of Northern Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Missouri University of Science and Technology, USA.
- Politecnico di Torino, Italy.
- The University of Florida, USA.
- The University of California Los Angeles, USA.
- The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, USA.
- Use of hazardous waste as raw material in building materials.
- 3D printing (additive manufacturing) of building materials.
- Natural fibers composite materials for impact applications.
- Materials in art and Colombian culture.
Main Research Results
- Ground tire rubber and bitumen with wax and its application in a real highway DOI: https://bit.ly/36NhIyZ
- 3D printing of kaolinite clay ceramics using the Direct Ink Writing (DIW) technique DOI: https://bit.ly/2M2EAAM
- Magnetic polyaniline nanocomposites toward toxic hexavalent chromium removal DOI: https://bit.ly/2XDaY29
- Fique Fabric: A Promising Reinforcement for Polymer Composites. DOI: https://bit.ly/3d9lzIZ
- Patina in the construction of the poetic bronze image: science of materials, art and philosophy. DOI: https://bit.ly/3epLDQ7
- Evaluation of use and assessment of solid and hazardous waste.
- Circular economy study of a manufacturing process.
- Mechanical and micro-structural evaluation of ceramic and composite materials.
- 3D printing (additive manufacturing) of plastic materials (resin and thermoplastic), and inorganic resins (cement, clay, and ceramics).
- Research training, writing scientific reports, and potential patents in the Group’s areas of expertise (manufacturing and materials).
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020