Research Group on Marketing
Academic Unit: Faculty of Economics
Economics and business
We are a team passionate about marketing. We intend to generate and transfer knowledge on the creation, communication, delivery, and exchange of high-value proposals for customers, consumers, stakeholders, and the society in general. IMARK’s academic and professional activity focuses on marketing strategies, brand experiences, services logic and co-creation of value for clients, loyalty dynamics, adaptation to technology, and resistance of individuals to innovation.
Research Areas and Topics
- Branding and brand value.
- Consumer behavior.
- Marketing strategies.
- Sales management and organizational behavior.
- New technologies applied to marketing.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- American Marketing Association (AMA): The most relevant academic association for academics and professionals worldwide.
- Ramapo College: An institution with which we are currently working on research on topics related to mobile banking.
Acceptance of e-commerce in Colombia.
Loyalty to customer loyalty programs in Colombia.
Banking, technology, and people.
Main Research Results
- Mafé, C. R., Blas, S. S., and Tavera‐Mesías, J. F. (2010). A comparative study of mobile messaging services acceptance to participate in television programmes. Journal of service Management.
- van Klyton, A., Tavera-Mesías, J. F., & Castaño-Muñoz, W. (2020). Digital local information services in developing countries: Evidence from Colombia. Journal of Librarianship and Information Sci.
- van Klyton, A., Tavera-Mesías, J. F., & Castaño-Muñoz, W. (aprobado con correcciones 2020). Value Co-Creation and Co-Destruction in the First Cashless Society in Colombia. Information, Technology and People.
- We offer services such as marketing intelligence applying both qualitative methods (focal groups, ethnography, netnography, in-depth interview, among others), and quantitative methods (ad-hoc surveys, big data and analytics applied to marketing); planning and design of marketing plans, campaigns, brands, experiences; accompaniment and execution of plans associated with marketing and commercial execution; innovation and marketing.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020