University Institute of Physical Education and Sports
Physical Activity for Health Research Group AFIS
Academic Unit: University Institute of Physical Education and Sports
Medical and health sciences
To contribute to the development of physical activity for health in Colombia and the world through high quality and relevant research. These are some of its research areas and topics: physical conditioning for health, physical activity and sedentariness, healthy aging, and validation of instruments for the evaluation of physical activity. AFIS is a research group committed to high quality scientific development and social relevance. It aims to contribute to the resolution of health problems in different population groups through physical activity.
Research Areas and Topics
- Physical conditioning for health.
- Physical activity and sedentariness.
- Healthy Aging.
- Validation of instruments for the evaluation of physical activity.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Víctor Hugo Arboleda Serna, PhD
PhD in Epidemiology
Universidad de Antioquia – Colombia.
Group Coordinator Email
- Universidad de Córdoba, Department of Physical Culture.
- Universidad CES.
- Sports and Physical Activity Research Group SENA Bogotá.
- Universidad del Valle.
- Colombian Association of Physiology (COLFISIS).
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).
- Effects of a high-intensity intervallic training program compared to a continuous moderate-intensity program about VO2 max and blood pressure in healthy adults: a randomized and controlled trial.
- Physical Activity, Sedentary Behavior and Alcohol and Cigarette Consumption in Social Networks: A Mixed Methods study.
- Functional sarcopoenia markers in active seniors.
- Effects of a high-intensity intervallic training program compared to a continuous moderate-intensity program about VO2 max and body fat in overweight women: a randomized and controlled trial.
Main Research Results
- Effects of high-intensity interval training compared to moderate-intensity continuous training on maximal oxygen consumption and blood pressure in healthy men: A randomized controlled trial.
- Depression, anxiety and health-related quality of life in physical education and sports college students.
- Effects of explosive and impact exercises on gait parameters in elderly women.
- Associations of Social Network Characteristics With Gait Speed in Older Women From Physical Activity Community Groups.
- Technical services related to objective measurements of physical activity and validation of instruments to evaluate physical activity.
- Advisory on quantitative data processing and analysis.
- Consulting and training in physiology of aging, diagnostic assessment models and intervention in seniors.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020