Faculty of Agricultural Sciences
Research Group in Pathobiology QUIRÓN
Academic Unit: Faculty of Agricultural Sciences
We improve the well-being and health by conducting comparative studies between humans and animals. We evaluate experimentation models, identify sentinel species and biomarkers of ecotoxicity. We research the role of stress in the development of the disease and conduct outreach activities. We manage resources with the artistic, productive and human health sectors, where we obtain feedback to guarantee the relevance of the activity. We are currently oriented towards technological development, entrepreneurship, and innovation, articulating art and science in a transdisciplinary manner.
Research Areas and Topics
- Biomusicology, Pathobiology, and Health.
- Comprehensive education.
- Environmental Pathology.
- Experimental Pathology.
- Swine Pathology.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Berardo de Jesús Rodríguez, PhD
PhD in Sciences.
University of Tours, France.
Group Coordinator Email
- University of Tours & INSERM: Tours, Center: France.
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia.
- Solla S.A.
- PECET Research Group.
- GINVER Research Group – Uniremington.
- INGENIAR Research group - Uniremington.
- ITOS Research Group of the School of Engineering
- Universidad de Antioquia.
- Validation of a biomusical environmental enrichment prototype and its use protocol to reduce stress, improve health, animal welfare, and productivity in pig farming.
Main Research Results
- We developed a technological package for sensory enrichment in animals with innovative methods to produce veterinary functional music, to identify psychoacoustic preferences in animals and relevant acoustic parameters in its design.
- This technology decreases the incidence of chronic stress, improves health, well-being, and productivity in validation tests in a real pig farming environment.
- We developed the educational program "Porcipolis," a gamification environment for the contextualized teaching of social skills aimed at children and young people related to the agricultural sector.
- We use a didactic strategy that motivates the generation of interspecies empathy and animal welfare for the learning of social skills.
- Voluta bioneuromusical: a tool to reduce stress and improve animal welfare in pig farming.
- Porcipolis: an educational program for rural schools.
- Diagnostic and experimental animal pathology services.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020