Cardiovascular Diseases Research Group
Academic Unit: Faculty of Medicine
Medical and health sciences
The group is dedicated to the study of cardiovascular diseases and their impact on the population, giving relevance to those diseases with the highest prevalence that rank among the top ten causes of mortality in Colombia. The work has not only been limited to research within the area but to develop intervention programs that change the panorama found after thoroughly studying some of the selected diseases defined as a strategic focus, managing to change the conditions in some of them, and extending the outcomes to the community.
Research Areas and Topics
- Acute coronary syndrome.
- Heart failure.
- Heart disease and pregnancy.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Juan Manuel Senior Sánchez, MSc
Master’s in Clinical Sciences.
Universidad de Antioquia, Colombia.
Group Coordinator Email
- San Vicente Fundación Hospital.
- Cardiovid Clinic.
- Medellin Clinic.
- Institute for Technology Assessment (IETS)
- Ministry of Health and Social Protection.
- Colombian Society of Cardiology.
- Colombian Association of Internal Medicine.
Main Research Results
- Manual of Standards and Procedures in Cardiology. ISBN 9789588813448
- Heart Failure and Transplantation Syndrome. ISBN 9789588379289
- Clinical Practice Guide for the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of heart failure. ISBN 978-958-8903-33-0
- Clinical Practice Guide for Acute Coronary Syndrome. ISBN: 978-958-8838-84-7
The group is dedicated to research in the aforementioned lines, from which extension programs structured in:
- Internships in the area of interest are derived.
Additionally, a Cardio-Obstetric Clinic program has been developed with projection to the community and an agreement with Help Promoting Entities (EPS for its Spanish Acronym) for the comprehensive care of remaining patients with heart disease. It also participates in the Heart Failure Clinic whose objectives are similar in the hospital and ambulatory care settings.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57 + 604] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57 + 604] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2020