Institute of Medical research
School of Medicine
Institute of Medical research
At the Institute of Medical Research, we work to achieve our vision by committing ourselves to the fulfillment of our mission and by following our corporate values and institutional regulation.
The Institute of Medical Research (IIM, by its Spanish initials), is the department of the School of Medicine of Universidad de Antioquia responsible for fostering, promoting, and academic and technical managing of research. Research policies of the School will be proposed by the IIM according to typical situations of scientific development and its relationship with different contexts. The IIM is committed to being efficient in all processes, providing personalized care, truthful and timely information, reliable results, and continuously improved services. The IIM seeks to go beyond the creation, transformation, and adaptation of knowledge in order to improve the quality of life in the region and the country.
Over the next five years, the IIM will be recognized nationally and internationally as a transformative institution leading the next generation of health knowledge. The IIM will be based on the highest ethical and human values; academic, technical, and administrative quality of its staff; as well as on an information system that is efficient, updated, and in complete agreement with our mission. The IIM will certify its quality management system and ensure its continuance and continuous improvement. This will be the base and tool ensuring the needs of people who come to it are met.
- To propose research policies of the School of Medicine to the School Council.
- To advise the School Council on decision-making in research.
- To strengthen relations among groups at institutional, national, and international contexts; aiming at the improvement of research capacity by supporting exchanges, internships, teamwork, signing of agreements, among others.
- To support the creation and consolidation of new research groups. These must be targeted toward critical areas at scientific, technological, and social fields by training both research students and faculty members.
- To tend to incorporate research into undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as the development of new master's and doctorate degrees.
- To keep and improve the performance and recognition level of IIM within the University, among current and potential users, and at national and international spheres.
- To manage research activities in accordance with established terms and corresponding regulations.
- To improve locative infrastructure of teams and services supporting research work.
The fundamental principle of each member of IIM is the total, honest, and timely fulfilment of obligations.
We respect and appreciate our employees, their opinions, and their work. We honor and value people and society. We provide equal opportunities for our staff and suppliers.
We are persistent and competent to fulfill our commitments.
We are committed to recognizing and meeting the demands of the staff requesting our services. We will strive to exceed their expectations and anticipate possible problems in order to find satisfactory and efficient solutions.
We strive to minimize mistakes in meeting quality requirements. We always do our job by giving our best and seeking simple and effective solutions.
We combine efficacy and efficiency to ensure added value processes allowing resource optimization, profitability, and high quality services at a minimum cost. We constantly look for the greatest effectiveness in carrying out our commitments.
We can systematically maintain advantages that allow us to achieve, keep, and improve our position in the environment.
Recepción de correspondencia: calle 70 No. 52 - 21 | Apartado Aéreo 1226 | Dirección: calle 67 No. 53 - 108 | Horario de atención
Conmutador: [57+4] 219 8332 | Línea gratuita de atención al ciudadano: 018000 416384 | Fax: [57+4] 263 8282
Peticiones, quejas, reclamos, sugerencias, denuncias, consultas y felicitaciones
Política de tratamiento de datos personales
Medellín - Colombia | Todos los Derechos Reservados © 2018